Monday, February 04, 2008

Malaysia Trip - KL

Overnight travelling by the coach started off from my place at 10pm, as we tried to settle in comfortably, while cracking our brains over the mechanism and magic of activating the leg rest. During the later part of the journey, I discovered the solution by chance. How brilliant.

Being the pumpkin heads we were, Sharon and I decided to try the auto-pass, while crossing the borders. Placing our passports on the scanner devices, and placing our thumbs on the fingerprint system. How very advanced we are in terms of technology hey?






Reached the bus terminal in KL at 3am, and stood by the street for over an hour, as Evee tried in vain to contact her cousin (whose cell went dead!). Everyone got into a cranky mood, and Evee's brother started blaming her for not getting things organised, while I sulked my head off as I was down with viral infection. Was planning to abandon the trip, but I know Sharon and Evee will kill me.

So there we were, four pathetic souls standing next to a mound of rubbish, moody yet fascinated by the huge rats scuffling up and down the nearby slope. "Welcome to KL", I was told.








Was about to check into a random hotel nearby when Evee's cousin finally got to us. Blessed! Home sweet home, at last.






Stayed in KL for 4 days, roaming around KLCC, and other places which I can't recall. Not very memorable I must say.














Met up with Apple and her friend, and had to bid farewell as KL will be where I last see Apple. She's heading down to Sibu for the Chinese New Year, after which she'll be returning to Perth. I'm going to miss her. A very good friend, almost like a big sister.

















The period at KL was rather uneventful as we had to find our way around, without anyone to guide us. And the fact that Sharon and I can't speak much Malay or Cantonese, is not helping at all.

We should have planned it better, so as to enjoy the trip, and not spend most of the time being angry at each other.

But damn, where do all the people come from? It really makes me wonder where are all the people in Perth.

Adaptation is a bitch.

No comments: