Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Are you attached?"

I do not believe that it's out of concern, when people ask that. It just reeks of nosiness. On the rock, at that.

Is it disturbing that a person is not attached? Is there a law of nature that dictates that a person has got to be attached, for things to operate smoothly? Will the world stop spinning if a person is not attached? Will he/she dies by being unattached?

So there you go, it's out of pure nosiness.


And I especially hates it when guys ask that. On top of it, when you barely know them.

It screams out loud that you're assessing your chance of developing a romantic relationship with me, and that makes you view me as a potential girlfriend, which flaws your judgement. Everything about me will be magnified beyond proportions, and you will not know me for who I am. But instead, as the potential girlfriend material.

I hate that. Just as how I hate people seeing the superficial beauty of things, and never the inner beauty. Bollocks to those idiots!


I'm not going to deploy the I-have-got-a-boyfriend tactic, because it is simply not in me to lie about such issue.

The simple truth is this; I do not have the desire to commit to anyone just yet.

I'm enjoying the excitement and over-the-top happiness which stems from spontaneous whirlwind relationships. I'm doing what I want, and having a great time. And when it no longer fascinates me, I move on to something else.

Most people around me are looking to settle down with someone. I do as well! But that doesn't mean I'm going to short-change myself by choosing just anyone. It's going to take more than the desire of wanting to settle down, to convince me to.

And like I said, I'm not at that stage yet.

I just want to have fun.



No comments: