Monday, March 31, 2008

Nobody's child.

I thought I did a good job with myself. I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I don't drink heavily, I don't get myself knocked up, and I don't give my folks undue worries.

I got through my educational path smoothly, and even manage to sort out what is it that I want out of life. I kept a level-head when I was in Perth, and didn't abuse my freedom by going all out crazy on experimentation.


But in the end, I was told I wasn't doing good enough. Because I didn't do what everyone else was doing. Because I didn't choose to get a proper 9-5 job and instead, getting casual work so that I can spend some time doing voluntary work.

I wasn't doing good enough in comparison to those youths, a few years younger than me, who are working and studying at the same time. Who have higher financial power than me.

I just wasn't good enough.


"Money makes the world goes round."

And I just wasn't good enough in that sense.


But you know what? I'm not going to let you get to me, because there are people who loves me for who I am. By feeling defeated, I'm letting them down.

I have been very brave, very independent, and have grown up a lot. I turned out right, despite having minimal guidance. Something which you might not even do as well.

So I am definitely not a nobody's child. I am my own child.

Try hitting me with something harder next time.

No comments: