Monday, April 14, 2008

I feel, but I'm . . .

Dear Elise,

There's a wonderful french song that I want to send you. A song by the great Charles Aznavour ! In this very nice and funny love song, mister Aznavour confesses that he can't speak english well enough and tries to apologize to the english-speaking woman he loves. This heart-warming song is made of series of english and french words :

" For me, Formidable "

" You are the one for me, for me, for me, formidable You are my love very, very, very, véritable Et je voudrais pouvoir un jour enfin te le dire, Te l'écrire, Dans la langue de Shakespeare

My daisy, daisy, daisy, désirable Je suis malheureux d'avoir si peu de mots À t'offrir en cadeaux Darling I love you, love you, darling I want you Et puis c' est à peu près tout You are the one for me, for me, for me, formidable "

(Charles Aznavour)

Sorry if my english isn't perfect, Elise. But I will do my best to express my feelings, just as Charles Aznavour in his song. I feel something special when I read your mails. I remember the first one you sent me : you made a pun with the movie title "Bewitched". In France, this movie and the original TV series are entitled "Ma sorcière bien-aimée". This title means "My beloved witch" word for word. In my opinion, you must be gifted with great magical powers too because I feel bewitched !


I have thought of you a lot these days. Actually, I wondered about my feelings. That's why I haven't replied to your mails immediately. I wanted to send you the best mail I could write in english. My last mail was sincere, of course ! But I have forgotten to write something very important :

I love you, Elise. I love you.

I love your personality, I love your sense of humor, I love all what you write. Your are a philosopher princess, and I love you.

This is honestly what I feel. If I had not written these three words, I wouldn't have been honest neither with you nor with myself. I hope you won't hate me because I have told you "I love you" too early. And of course, if you're okay, I hope that "we will have rainbows day after day", as Doris Day sings at the end of Hitchcock's "The Man who knew too much" (I'm a big Hitchcock's fan, you know !). I have no idea about what will happen. I don't know if you love me, but I always feel friendly feelings in your words.

I hope you have loved my letter as I have loved writing it.

For Lisette with all my heart.

Franck

No comments: