Monday, December 15, 2008

Fortnight.

What seems to be a long way coming, is actually not as tedious or tough, now that I look back upon it.




Upon the decision to be as hands-on as possible this time around, I've learnt a lot from the planning and execution of tasks. As the list is being completed, the nearer I am to the end, the more exhausted I become. Mentally.




With Phase One being done and over with, there was little time for breather as Phase Two commences simultaneously. Life is a bitch. Or is it?




Nevertheless, I'm glad that I made the choice to process the application by myself, instead of handing it over to an agency. Having done everything, it isn't as difficult or inconvenient as everyone thought out to be. It's just a matter of finding out the right information, dealing with the multiple arrangements, and doing everything step by step. Even the payments aren't that mind-bending at all.

Mantoux test, trips to the bank, getting the previous school to provide a letter of certification, corresponding with the intended institution, Visa application and interview, various payments.

All you need are time and the ability to ask. And in my case, friends with credit cards as well. Speaking of which, I seriously ought to consider getting one. Everything is processed online and cashless nowadays!


Regardless, I've gotten some new toys in preparation for the journey ahead. A really good way to appease that guilty conscience of spending too much unnecessary dollars, is to tell myself that it's my reward for all the things I've done, and for the adventure I'm about to embark on.

Works like a charm.






A fortnight to go, and Elise is gone.

It's a love-hate relationship really.

No comments: