Monday, March 23, 2009

Fresh & French!

Had brunch with Sharon at Fre(n)sh, located at Vivo. Selected the alfresco section, enjoying the fabulous breeze and calming sound of water. A great way to spend a lazy afternoon!

=D





Love the quaint table. Really colourful and quirky, just the way I like it.

=)








The first time ever that I tasted a mushroom soup in its most authentic flavour. Forget the Campbell version. It's the real stuff here, with mushroom bits in it! Totally in love with it!








First time having escargot, and my comment was... "It tastes like mud."

Of which, Sharon gave me a "can't-be-bothered" look.

=P





Next up comes the foie gras tartine. My first taste of it as well.  

"It taste like duck."

Of which she said "And where does foie gras comes from?"

Cues "can't-be-bothered" look.

=P








Then comes the highlight of the meal! I absolutely love fresh salad, and this one has a cheese which is slightly strong in flavour, with a really nice texture to it. Subsequently found out that it's emmental cheese! My new love!

Fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, field mushrooms, ham cubes, emmental cheese, and a light dressing. Give it to me everyday!

*drools*





Last but not least, a great creme brulee to finish the palate. Something sweet and smooth against the tongue.

Lovely brunch it was!

Will love to head back some time again.

No comments: