Monday, January 25, 2010

Noël

Recently, I've been thinking about you.

You are always there, regardless of the distance and time. You are still there, despite what I've done to you.

I often wonder how things might have turned out if I've taken a leap of faith, but because I am selfish, I did not. I made you suffer. I pinned it all on you, with the worst excuses I can come up with. Yet despite all of that, you still stand by me. Up till today, you still make the effort for me.

Even though now you're always doing things for me in the name of "friends", I know that you still love me. Deeply. Thank you.

In another two months, time will mark the second anniversary of our acquaintance. I'll always remember how you fell in love with my humour and optimism. Even though one of those redeeming qualities has faded greatly. You saw the worst side of me, and yet you maintained that I was just under too much pressure. You take it all upon yourself.

Perhaps the greatest gift you presented to me was your patience. I always made you wait. You never walked away. Very silly of you.

No amount of apology on my part will be able to lessen the guilt I feel toward you. Perhaps I will bring those guilt with me till the very end.

Christmas. A new meaning to it. Not just because of your sacrifice, but because it is a part of who you are.

Noël.

Snow falls. Man of pure white built. The name so tenderly imprinted on the milky crusty ground.

Merci beaucoup, mon ami.

Merci beaucoup.

No comments: