Sunday, January 13, 2008

"The love of my life"

Please find it in your heart, to forgive me, for deciding to stop loving you.

It's not as easy a decision as you may think it is, for it hurts me to come to this. As much as I wish to continue loving you, as I've always do, it doesn't get any easier as time goes on by. Perhaps this is why we are never meant to be. The test of time is enough to trip me up.

Regardless, I still want to thank you for being my pillar of support through the tough transition in Perth. You might not know this, but you are the reason I became stronger, and went through everything that came my way. Tough times during work were gotten through by the thought of seeing you in July. Tough times during college were gotten through by the thought of you doing your best for your studies as well.


You failed your promises time and time again, putting me on a high pedestal of hope, to only let me fall again and again. I used to forgive you, for you always had legitimate reasons. Slowly, no hopes were pinned upon your promises, and I didn't hurt as much when you fail again. And now, I decided to give up for good.

Perhaps you didn't know what you want, perhaps you fear it won't work out. Whatever the reason is, I don't care to know anymore. I'm done with this waiting game. I'm through with you.


"At this moment in time, this very day, this very second, there's someone who loves you for who you are. Not because you're the soccer captain, not because you're from Melbourne, not because of anything material or superficial. And should you feel unworthy, or should anyone make you feel that way, NEVER forget, that I love you this very moment."


Once again, I love you with all my heart at this very moment. But what encompasses the future? I'm never certain of that.

It's time to stop loving you, and it's time to let go. Time to move on and allow my chance at being loved.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to read the story you promised, and if you'll ever receive the scarf I knitted for you. And what about that arcade card? What will it be like when I go back?

Ce qui sera, sera.

I'm done loving you.




No comments: