Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Starting afresh

So why the change of a new blog entirely?

It has been an idea to do so much earlier, but I never got around to doing it, because I love the idea of keeping Redbottlecap as I’ve been writing there since April 05. Almost three years’ worth of archives of my life! I’m rather sentimental, thus the procrastination in setting up a new one.

Of course, not to mention, I can’t be bothered to browse through the crazy amount of blog templates in the virtual world, to once again find one which I deem as appropriate for the current stage of life I’m at.

I'm actually in love with the simple and neat template at WordPress, but because the process of uploading images is not as user friendly, I've decided to stick to Blogger instead.


This change sort of signifies a new beginning for me as well.

Starting a brand new year in a foreign place, with a brand new goal in mind, and a brand new understanding of my self, nothing seems more appropriate than now to have a brand new writing space.

2006 was all about the pondering of life itself; its meaning and existence.

2007 offsets the search for self; my purpose for existing.

And 2008, shall be the start of translating all thoughts and desires into actions.

May this new beginning be a symbolic act of rebirth. Of starting over with a clean slate, of becoming a better person, and of embracing all that will come my way.


Let 2008 be the start of the journey which I've put myself forth.

Having spent a year getting to know myself better, discovering my strengths and weaknesses, shaping myself into my own individual, and realising what my true calling is, makes everything I’ve gone through a great journey. Tough as it may be at times, it moulds me into who I am now.

I’m grateful to all the people I’ve met thus far, and of all the events that crossed my path.

Better prepared with renewed determination, let the journey of 2008 begin!




No comments: