Sunday, May 18, 2008

Better to have loved and lost.

Was cleaning up my stuff when I came across a bunch of items. College ID, BankWest transaction slips, City Beach receipts, Canning staffs' name cards, Hoyts ticket stubs, Transperth tickets, Medibank card, College tuition receipt, Joy calling card and Robyn's address.

All those items bring back memories of Perth.

Perhaps it's the sappy songs of Coldplay in the background, coupled with the memories of my time in Perth. For a moment there, I experienced an ache in me which I find oh so familiar. The ache of lost love.

I'm grateful and glad for my experience in Perth. Everything I've gone through and learnt from it, and the growth in me because of that. It's a terrific time for me. Mostly fabulous, awesome, and overwhelmingly sweet. Truth be told, I can't think of any bad memories associated with it.

Even though it's now archived into a part of my past and history, I'm certain that I will never forget it. It feels like a lost love to me. Not the bitter-because-we-broke-up type, but the it's-been-really-sweet-while-it-lasts type.

To my time and experience in Perth, I just want to say, I love you and I always will. You have been a great part of me. A part of who I am now. Thank you for that.

I may be feeling the ache of a lost love, but I'm filled to the brim with the happiness of it.

I've been blessed.

No comments: