Thursday, August 28, 2008

Awkward much

Dinner and drink with a colleague ended with him confessing his interest in me. Once again, it’s the sparkles in my eyes, and the way I speak and carry myself. The new thing is; there’s something mysterious about me.

I wonder what can be so mysterious about a woman who’s an open and honest chatterbox.


He recalled his first encounter with me in the locker room.

“Are you new?”

“Yeah. Hi I’m Elise!”

Not forgetting, my signature smile. I’ve been getting a lot of comments regarding my smile, and it’s all the same. I have a beautiful smile. Do I?


He knows I’m leaving, and I’m honest and upfront about it. His conclusion is that I’m closing up to any opportunities because of the fact that I’m leaving. As I’ve always been saying, I don’t want to bastard anyone.

He questions the next step. I don’t have much of a reaction towards him and he wonders what’s going through my mind. Perhaps that’s the mysterious element.


Now that explains his behaviours at work. Once I fell and scraped my knees during work, and he was rather concern. Following my departure to Perth for a two week stint, he text messaged me wishing me bon voyage. And recently when I scraped my finger, he got me a band aid and as it was too big, he cut it up for me. According to him, it’s a personalized band aid.

As much as he’s a nice guy, I don’t see myself with him. The problem is that I do not know how to let him off nicely. I’m never good when it comes to saying no.


5 more months. That’s all that’s on my mind.

No comments: