Monday, August 11, 2008

Night Scene

Many peers are deviating from the clubbing scene as they lament they're getting old and can't take too much of the staying out late. I'm starting to deviate from the clubbing scene as well, but for a different reason.

Firstly, it's the characters in the scene that make or break the atmosphere. Unruly characters will be a definite sight in such situation, but the least bit they can do is to restrain themselves. But if that's what they are capable of, then they won't be classified as unruly.

We're all out to have a good time, and they constitute different categories. Some just wants to have a dancing fix, some just want to have the alcohol fix, and some just want to score for the night. I belong to the first, as there are times when the dancing bug bites.


Personally, it sucks when those who are out for a score try to hit on you, and it's even worst, when alcohol is in the picture. You either get drunk guys trying to get you home with them, or drunk girls acting all slutty on the dance floor. These are definitely not I'm out for.

It's the same old story, same old scene. I'm not getting too old for it, but just getting bored. I'm moving on to something new. Something more interesting and fascinating. I confess, I have a short interest span.


Besides, I feel it's time to cut out the late nights and drinking. I know how my body is, and I want to start taking great care of it, in preparation of being a mother someday. That being said, it doesn't mean I'm seeing someone now or that I'm getting married anytime soon. I just believe that it's better to start early and be prepared, seeing that I intend to have my first child in my mid 20s (if that ever happens). Besides, I feel most comfortable getting those factors out of my lifestyle.

After all, the only person who can love you the most, is yourself.

No comments: