Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sense of Self

The moment I made the decision to depart Singapore for Perth, in pursue of my heart's desire, I found my sense of self. It wasn't fully developed, but a seedling waiting to be nurtured. My journey in Perth was one of exploration and growth, filled with self loving and caring, in nurturing the self within.

Not many people are as fortunate to realise what they truly want in life, and I can only say, I've been blessed beyond belief. I was given the opportunity to pave my path and to see the world, and to learn and grow as a traveller-to-be. My nomadic self was unbridled, which marks the start of the little traveller in me.


Somehow on my journey back home, I lost that sense of self. In the process of immersing back into the culture, I was distracted. I started to lose sight of my goal, branching out a whole new section of options which isn't what I want.

I started losing confidence, courage, honesty, and happiness. I wasn't my true self.


This time around, I have yet another chance at the journey back home. Some where between the world and home, lies my self in waiting. I'm going to get her back.

I want the self with the confidence beyond her age, filled with courage, being honest without boundary, and brimming with happiness.

I want to be her again, and I will be.

No comments: